There’s no beating the buzz of London Fashion Week - the people, the clothes, the looks, the bustle. We were thrilled to return backstage this year with London-based Albanian designer, Nensi Dojaka and her Lead Nail Artist (and huge Nailberry fan!), Ama Quashie.
Following Vogue’s report that Nensi’s September fashion week show was their most-viewed of the entire SS23 season, she’s now a firm Fashion Week fixture with her unmistakable, signature silhouette.
Hosted at North London’s historic Alva Coachworks, Nailberry team member Gresa soaked up the calm, focused mood backstage as the desired look was demoed and the artists’ exquisite work commenced...
Whether debuting understated, everyday wear or enchanting red carpet ensembles, Ama created a sultry, sophisticated dark ombré nail for each of Nensi’s looks. Simple yet super-chic, this manicure perfectly matched the long, sleek hair, fresh, bare complexions and soft, smoky eyes of every one of the 38 models.
Our ombré LFW look
- Nails, cuticles and surrounding skin were first primed and perfected with our deeply nourishing Little Treasure Cuticle Oil.
- Our bi-phase nail colour remover Clean then prepped each nail bed.
- To create the ombré effect, Black Berry, our deep, opaque black, was swept onto the lower nail using a flat brush.
- A rich, high-shine finish was locked in using a final layer of Fast Dry Gloss.
- To ensure manicures were completely dry and catwalk-ready, Dry & Dash was dropped onto each nail.
Ready to recreate Ama’s black ombré mani? Tag us in your looks on Instagram at @nailberry_ using #colouryournailshealthy